A Fluffy Tulip


"Tip-toe through the tulips with me."
                                                                                               (Q&A;1990)

Sorry for the long break but I have so much to do now. In today’s tutorial (and a few next ones), I decided to use the chenille stems I got for my birthday. It’s a tutorial mainly for kids but I’m sure adults can find some fun in it as well. I’m going to catch up with my overdue tutorials, so probably there will be next one next week, also with fluffy flowers.

difficulty:easy
estimated time:5 minutes

You need:
  • two purple/pink/red/yellow chenille stems at least 50 cm long
  • one green chenille



Tutorial steps:


1. Take one end of the purple/pink… whatever… chenille stem and make a loop – you should be able to put four fingers in it. Hook the end around the chenille stem as in the picture.

2. Make two more loops, leaving at least 2.5 cm of the end for attaching the stalk.  Set the petals evenly, then grab them with your hand and squeeze them so that they point upward.  Next, gently bend each petal in the middle.


3. ZUsing the other chenille stem, make a flower with five petals the same way as before, except this time you should be able to put two fingers in the loop. As before, leave at least 2.5 cm at the end.

4. Put the five-petaled flower into the three-petaled one and hook its end in the centre to hide it.


5. Hook the flower to the green chenille stem and that’s it. Unfortunatley, I had only two pink chenille stems but you can make the whole bouquet this way. Good luck!

Downloadables:
- Printable version (pdf)


Next week: Fluffy Cornflowers 

No comments:

Post a Comment