Fluffy Cornflowers


"Can I get the icon in the cornflower blue?"
                                                                         (Fight Club;1999)

Once again I failed with adding new notes. And I promised! Unacceptable! But really... recent events are making me unable to find any time to add new ones. So there's a litany of the reasons of delays for those of you and I hope you'll forgive me: I am writing the first chapter of my master's thesis, I was on vacation, I was looking for job, I got the job I like, I got a ticket and I was felt down, I'm preparing for my friend's hen party and wedding, I had birthday, I was looking after my dying pet... So it was pretty much 50:50 for nice and bad events. And in today's tutorial - new ideas for chenille stems.

difficulty:  easy
estimated time: 3 minutesfor one flower

You need:
  • green and blue chenille stems
  • yellow beads
  • drinking straws
  • white glue
One for each flower.

 
Tutorial steps:


1. Stick the end of the green chenille stem into the bottom part of the straw and wind it around up to the top. Wind the end of the chenille stem tightly around the top but don’t put it into the straw.  

2. Make a zigzag from the blue stem – its ends should be facing outward.

3. Put those ends into the straw and form petals. Then glue the yellow bead in the center of the flower. You can add few flowers in the middle of the straw to make it look more like branches of those beautiful wildflowers.

Downloadables:
 - Printable version (pdf)


In the next tutorial: Kitchen Hooks

No comments:

Post a Comment