Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells


 "Mr Yoinks, I CAN HEAR THE BELLS!"
                                                                                        (Lakier do włosów; 2007)

For a long time I wanted to create some kind of bells but I couldn’t find anything with the right shape to recycle. I was trying to use deodorant caps or toilet paper tubes but the effect wasn’t satisfactory. My salvation came when I saw those perfectly shaped bottles at the mall. I think my mother is still wondering what I had in mind when I popped out of the kitchen and shouted “Don’t you throw away those bottles! I can see bells in them!” with madness in my eyes… Tee hee.. Anyway, I am very proud of the effect and I’m going to hang them on my window. I think it can also be a good addition to Christmas wreaths.


difficulty:medium
estimated time: 2-3 days (including the drying process)

You need:
  • two plastic bottles (with a bell-shaped neck)
  • old newspapers
  • wallpaper adhesive
  • paper knife
  • paintbrush
  • spray paint (in a metallic color)
  • thin wire
  • decorative elements

 Tutorial steps:


1. Using the paper knife, cut out the collar of the bottles and then cut out the top of the bottles (you’ll know the right place to cut – they should look like bells).

2. Tear the newspaper to small pieces.


3. Mix some wallpaper adhesive with water and smear the cut part of the bottle (inside as well as outside). Then stick the pieces of the newspaper to it. Smear it again and doing so make a few layers of paper, including the hole at the top. Do the same with the other bell and leave them to dry.

4. Paint the bells and leave them to dry again.


5. Cut off a piece of wire and wind one end on a pen or pencil. Take it off the pencil and stick the other end through the top of one of the bells so that the winded end is inside it. Then stick it through the other bell’s top (from outside this time) and wind that end on the pencil too.


6. Make a small loop in the center of the wire between the bells.

7. Decorate the space between the bells to hide the wire and it’s ready to hang.

Downloadables:
- Printable version (pdf)

And one more song for Christmas:



In the next tutorial: New Year's Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment