First things first - about me and why I'm here

Hi everyone, 

I’ve just decided to start this blog. I’ve been thinking about it for a long time - whether it’s worth it, whether I’ll be able to add new notes regularly, or maybe I should make the tutorials on youtube, if it should be in Polish or English…  So much doubt, so little action. Finally, I got up and said „enough”, I got down to work and here I am.

To begin with - it all began when I was just a little kid. I just loved tinkering, crafting and making various thingies that enriched the interior and were made of seemingly useless stuff at the same time. So I hope that ideas presented in this blog will be used not only by adults but also by younger readers.   

You could say that there are so many DIY books and pages, so why another one? Well, for showing my own ideas or those inspired by others, and also for myself - I want to store them somewhere, so I’ll treat this blog as a notebook.  What is more, my “curse” is that I cannot go to a shop and be open for the ideas presented by producers and choose from the current stock of accessories, trinkets, odds and ends, decorations because of the specific vision I have in my mind. And when I’m searching for them in books or on the Internet, it usually isn’t exactly what I want. Nothing is similar enough for what I imagined or there are no tutorials (just a photo of a final product). So I do it myself.  How huge is my satisfaction when my final product is exact realization of my concept (sometimes it changes during the crafting process). Also how cheap it is! 

Summary:  making things by yourself is so much fun, so I recommend it for all of you. Why? I’ll answer this question in some points:
a) it gives you satisfaction of the work put into the final effect (especially when your friends ask you where you have bought it ^^),
b) it looks just how YOU like it, without relying on producers’ ideas
c) because you can care for the environment by  reusing packaging of already used products, collecting various materials and keeping the old, broken items for later use; it can give those things a “second chance”,
d) because it develops your creativity (yes, yes, I’ve never said that you HAVE TO do everything as I describe in my tutorials - each of you should have your own vision and the rest should only be the instruction –how—),
e) it gives you the opportunity to spend some time with your kids/siblings/partner by making those things together (just don’t fight!),
f) your hand-made products are unique (even if  I mention „a piece of cloth” on the list of materials, each of you will use different kind of cloth – different in structure, color, pattern,  and when the work is done you can say with confidence „There is no other item like this in the whole world”, and it’ll be true),
g) in general, the costs of creating things yourself are really low, usually lower than buying things (I’ll try to estimate costs  in my tutorials as much as possible - don’t expect me to calculate the area of the shape cut from A4 sheet in relation to price though, ‘cause it would be officiousness)
h) you can create interesting gifts for your closest friends and family,
i) it’s an interesting alternative for spending your free time.
I’m going to add a new note every week or every two weeks. I’m busy with my Master’s thesis and studies in general, so unfortunately I can’t update more often. I hope that someone will drop in here from time to time and make use of my tutorials. I’ll be glad to see the effects of your work :). 
Next week:  Basic Crafting Kit for Big and Small