CD Cup Pads


"Now I love my coffee, it's probably the only thing 
I cherish in this foresaken mud ball called Earth!"
                                                                                                                               (License to drive, 1988)

After making the cook notebooks I had some of the oilcloth left. So I decided to make a new tutorial using them. I’ve always wondered what’s the purpose of those plastic circles in CD packages. I have plenty of them so I was thinking how I can recycle them. At first, I wanted to make a small rack but my attempts were all failures. However, this oilcloth is pretty inspiring – I came up with an idea for cup pads. So, gather all of your old, broken CDs and get to work!

difficulty: easy
estimated time: 5 minutes for one pad

You need:
  • old CDs or those plastic circles from CD packages 
  • self-adhesive oilcloth
  • paper doilies
  • spray varnish
  • scissors
  • pen
  • white glue

Tutorial steps:


1. Copy the shape of the CD on a piece of oilcloth and cut it..

2. Slowly removing the protective wrap, stick the circle do the CD. Be careful not to make any bubbles.



3. Glue the doily in the center.

4. Spray the pad with varnish and leave it to dry.

Downloadables:
- Printable version (pdf)


Next tutorial:T-shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment